Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
What does RCIA stand for?
It stands for Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
Who should join the RCIA program?
RCIA is for adults who want to be baptized, baptized Christians of other faith traditions who are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith or becoming Catholic, and baptized Catholics who have not yet received their first Communion or Confirmation.
What are the requirements?
If you have been baptized in the catholic church, we need a copy of your baptisms certificate. If you have not been baptized, we need a copy of your birth certificate.
We also need you to complete the registration form and pay the materials fee which will be $90.
Once, classes have started, you will need to attend classes, attend specific rites, an announced retreat, mass on Sundays, comply with 20 hours of community service hours, and select a sponsor to accompany you in this journey.
When and where are the RCIA meetings?
RCIA sessions are held on Thursdays Nights from 7:00 – 9:30 PM.
Classes begin Thursday, September 7th. It is a 10 month program.
What else should I know?
RCIA is done in four different stages:
- The Pre-Catechumenate or Inquiry Period
- This is a time of asking questions, building community and trust, learning about the Church and it is a time of learning in prayer about conversion.
- The Catechumenate
- This is a longer period marked by continuing to learn about the basic teachings of the Church, continuing to build community, entering more deeply into prayer and reflecting on the Word of God.
- The Period Of Enlightenment And Purification
- This is a more intense period of preparing to receive the Easter Sacraments of Initiation. This period runs during Lent and is a time of deep prayer, conversion, continued instruction, and listening to God’s voice.
- The period when the newly initiated Catholics are drawn more deeply into the life of the Church.
How do I register?
Click here to Register
You can register on-line by pressing the Registration Form link above.
To pay for your registration with a Credit or Debit card click on the link “Donate” below.
What are the sponsors’ requirements?
A sponsor will be giving witness to their faith through their example. A good sponsor prays for their sponsored person and continues to support him/her long after RCIA is over.
To be an RCIA sponsor one must:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist)
- Be at least 16 years of age
- If married, married in the Catholic Church
- Be available for a weekend retreat, announced rites, a couple meetings, rehearsals and other dates as necessary.
It is truly an honor to be a sponsor of faith and big responsibility, but completely satisfying.
What if I have another question?
Please contact Silvia Garcia at (714) 612-9548 or Efrain Garcia at (714) 720-8819.
Email us at [email protected]
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTER TO THE CLASS, PLEASE REGISTER TO RECEIVE TEXT ANNOUNCEMENTS BY SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE TO 81010 with the EXACT MESSAGE @rciastanne. Then, reply with your name. Once registered you can text us back and receive announcements and reminders.